PIVOT East has announced the semi-finalists for their startup competition this year. The call for applications this year was announced in August with over 120 startups from over 10 African countries applying.
The judges for this year are:
- Emrys Schoemaker – Research and Strategist at Caribou
- John Kieti – Consultant at the World Bank
- Richard Magu – ICT Projects Manager at Software Group
- Stephen Deng -Strategy & Innovation Manager at Caribou Digital
- Jacqueline Dismas – Fabrication Laboratory Manager at Buni Hub
- Kimathi Ikiao – Investment Associate at Accion Venture Lab
- Kishor Nagula – Director at Caribou
- Josiah Mugambi – COO at iHub
- James Odede – Director at LakeHub
- Musa Kamata – Manager at Buni Hub
- Marissa Drouillard – Senior Director at Caribou
- Keziah Njeri – Angels Interactions at Viktoria Solutions
- Craig Perue – Research Fellow & Senior Consultant at Mona School of Business & Management, UWI
PIVOT East is organised by m:lab East Africa, a consortium comprising of iHub, eMobilis and University of Nairobi. The annual competition is now its sixth year.
This year’s finalists conference will be held on 15th November in Nairobi.
The selected semifinalists include Request Africa Limited, Elimu TV and The Campus Lady Magazine. Find the full list of semifinalists here.