The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has a new online platform where most of the services it offers including car registration and car ownership transfer will be available. The new platform was launched earlier in the year and was initially available to only car dealers.
NTSA recently asked all car owners to register on the new platform by 31st December 2016 because after that date no manual transfer of cars will be done in Kenya.
Article continues after advertisement
The following services will be available on the new platform
- Car Registration
- Transfer of car ownership
- Change of particulars
- Duplicate Logbook application
- Reflective Number Plate applicaton
- Vehicle inspection
- Online car search using either the registration number or the chassis number
To register on the new NTSA platform, car owners will need to do the following:
1. Go here tims.ntsa.go.ke/individualRegister and create an account
2. Add their initial details to create an account; i.e. ID Serial Number (NOT ID number), PIN Number and Mother’s Maiden Name.
3. They will then need to add their occupation and phone number.
4. They will need to request a verification code by clicking on the button next to the phone number.
5. Once they get the code and add it on the verification tab, they will be good to go.
They can now go to tims.ntsa.go.ke/login and log in.